Everyone has different strategies and tips that help them study and complete assignments. Whether you thrive on pressure or carefully plan everything in advance, the tips outlined below will help you achieve your ultimate studying potential.
1. Keep up with your readings and assignments. It can be hard to catch up on previous readings, so do current ones and prepare for mid-terms and assignments all at the same time.
2. Create a ‘to-do’ list to keep yourself organized and eliminate unnecessary stress.
3. Take careful notes during class. Review or rewrite them after class. Consider recording lectures and listening to them later. Each of these techniques will help you to better retain new information.
4. Study in chunks of 20 to 50 minutes, then take a five-to-ten minute break. This will give your brain time to absorb the information.
5. Give yourself plenty of time to research and write your essays. Get your research done early and outline your ideas so that you will be ready when it’s time to write.
6. Ask for help at the library. The staff can teach you research skills that can save you a lot of time! They can also help you find articles online and order-in books and other materials from other libraries to help you with your research.
7. Speak to your teachers and professors! They are there to help you understand the material and offer meaningful insight into your work.
8. Ask someone to review your work before you hand it in. Getting rid of typos and awkward phrasing is an easy way to improve your grades.
Recently Added Resources
- Fryer, Galois and Hypatia Math Contests
The Fryer, Galois and Hypatia math competitions are geared towards students recommended by their teacher, or the top 25% of students in ... More >
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairer
Motor vehicle body repairers (metal and paint) repair and restore damaged motor vehicle bodies as well as their collision-damaged ... More >
- Construction Electrician
The title "construction electrician" defines a person who, because of his or her knowledge, training and abilities, is capable of laying ... More >
- Sheet Metal Worker
Sheet metal workers design, fabricate, assemble, install and repair sheet metal products. In fabrication work, sheet metal workers lay ... More >
- Alberta Volunteer Centres
Banff Volunteer Centre
302 Buffalo Street, Box 5148
Banff AB, T1L 1G3
Fax: 403.762.4463 ... More >
- Landscape Horticulturist
Landscape horticulturists survey and assess landscape, draw sketches and interpret plans. They construct and maintain gardens, parks, ... More >
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students
The National Educational Association of Disabled Students is a consumer organization, with a mandate to encourage the self-empowerment ... More >
- Volunteer Centres in Ontario
Volunteer Resource -Information Orillia
33 Mississauga St E.
Orillia ON L3V1V4
705.326.6064 ... More >